NORTHERN LIGHT WINTER ADVENTURE
Experience the magic of Greenland winter on this 5 days adventure! You will stay in our guesthouse located right at the sea with the perfect view to icebergs and Disko Island!
The name of our town is Ilulissat, meaning icebergs in English. In our backcountry we have one of the worlds largest and most productive glaciers, calving huge icebergs out into the fiord.
When you arrive in Ilulissat you will meet our local guide for a briefing on this tour, and afterwards you will go on a guided hike of our town, seeing a typical town of Greenland where the hunting culture still is present. You will also go snowshoeing in the back country to the UNESCO park, where you will have the perfect view to gigant icebergs and see old Inuit remains. You will also go on a northen light hike in the nationalpark looking at the beautiful polar night. Also a boat tour to the icefiord awaits, where you will sail among gigant icebergs!
During this tour you also travel like the inuits by dogsledge.
One evening you will dine with a local family, trying nice Greenlandic food!
The dogs are still used for transport and is a unique way of getting to know the Inuit culture. You will ride your sledge over the Mountain Big Akinnaq, from where you have an amazing view, you will continue along the dogsledge trail to the viewpoint Nalluarsuk, from where you can see the icecap!
When – Season:
- January – April 2017/2018
- Tour start: Every Monday-Friday or Thursday-Monday
NB: Direct flights from Iceland Tuesday – Saturday (starting 14th. Feb. )
Price per person DKK 6.980 / EUR 950,-
- 4 nights in double room at Ilulissat guesthouse included bedsheets/towels
- Briefing and guided walk of Ilulissat
- Guidet snowshoe hike at the icefiord – UNESCO park
- Icefiord boat tour
- Northern light explorer hike
- Dogsledge tour
- Greenland food night with local family
- Flights from Copenhagen/Reykjavik
- (can be booked at www.airgreenland.gl or www.airiceland.is)
- Single room supplement 4 nights DKK 1.500,- / EUR 200,-
- Breakfast (can be added for dkk 95,- per day)
- Extra meals
- Northern light,
- snowshoe hike,
- town hike,
- UNESCO park,
- boat tour for the icefiord,
- dogsledge with inuit,
- Greenland food night